Potato and Vegetable Curry
Cooking time : 50 minutes | 6 portions
Our nutritionist says:
The colourful mix of vegetables in this dish will not only brighten up your plate, they’ll provide you with a range of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and fibre. Using whole grain rice is a heart healthy option and will help to keep you feeling full for longer.
- 100g brown rice
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 40g pine nuts or chopped walnuts/almonds
- 100g sweet corn or other vegetable
- 40g raisins (optional)
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh mint or parsley (or any other fresh herb you like)
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 675g potatoes, cut into chunks
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon of garam masala
- ½ teaspoon of ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons of grated fresh or ground root ginger
- 1 fresh red chilli, chopped
- 225g cauliflower florets
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 4 tomatoes, peeled and quartered
- 75g frozen peas
- 300ml vegetable stock (reduced salt)
- Boiled brown or wild rice to serve
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the potato, onion and garlic, and fry over a low heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Mix all of the spices and chilli with the vegetables until they are coated. Fry for a further minute.
- Add the stock and the remaining veg and cook for 30-40 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Serve on a bed of rice.
- Calories: 94 per 100g or 304 per serving
- Saturated fat: 0g per 100g or 1g per serving
- Sugar: 2g per 100g or 7g per serving
- Salt: 0.2g per 100g or 0.5g per serving
- Fibre: 2g per 100g or 7g per serving