Dark Chocolate Nutty Bites
Cooking time: 25 minutes| Serves 4
Our nutritionist says:
We all need a little of what we fancy – these sweet clusters will satisfy any chocolate cravings! The mixture of the healthy nuts with the chocolate actually slows down the release of the sugar into your blood too so it will prevent that sugar high you often get with sweets and desserts. Just remember that this is still a fairly high calorie snack so have it as an occasional treat.
- 2.5oz dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa) or 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3.5oz mixed nuts, chopped into small pieces
- 3.5oz pumpkin seeds (or other seeds if you prefer)
- Cinnamon, chilli or a sprinkle of rock salt (optional)
- Slowly melt the chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of boiling water (making sure that the bowl does not touch the water).
- If using cocoa powder, melt 2oz butter and slowly stir in the cocoa, mixing until smooth.
- When the chocolate is melted, stir in the spices and then add the nuts and seeds.
- Using a teaspoon, put small dollops of the mixture onto greaseproof paper or aluminium foil on a baking sheet.
- Refrigerate for around 20-30 minutes until set.
- Calories: 569 per 100g, 128 per serving
- Saturated Fat: 11g per 100g, 3g per serving
- Sugar: 8g per 100g, 2g per serving
- Salt: 0.9g per 100g, 0.2g per serving
- Fibre: 9g per 100g, 2g per serving